Why nut cheese?
- Dairy is known to be a major culprit of many digestive issues, like leaky gut syndrome, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, and IBS.
- It has been linked to arthritis
- Increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Increased cancer risk.
- More headaches.
Cheddar Slices – Vegan
Mix all the ingredients together using a high speed blender or hand blender. Add a little water if too dry.
- 2 cups soaked cashews (soak for 4-6 hours)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- (optional) add a tsp of your favorite ground herb and/or garlic for a stronger flavor.
To make the cheese slices
You will need a dehydrator for this or you can bake in an oven at a very low heat (45 degrees).
Lay out baking paper on your dehydrator tray, if using an oven lay it on a baking sheet, and spread the mixture so it is thick and even. You can score it with a knife into squares for the slices.
Dehydrate or bake for 8- 12 hours until preferred consistency. the longer you dehydrate/bake the harder the cheese will get, apply less time if you want a softer cheese.