This is simple to make and has virtually no calories!
Bring water to boil and add all ingredients except the miso.
Simmer for 5 minutes and turn off heat.
Take a cup of the liquid and add the miso, mix till dissolved then add to the soup.
This makes 2 bowls. I bowl = 1/2 apple
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 chopped or grated carrot
- 1 thinly sliced mushroom
- handful thinly sliced leek
- 2 sheets nori seaweed cut into cubes (optional)
- 2 pieces or kale or silverbeet or spinach thinly slices
- 2 tsp thinly sliced ginger
- 2 tsp garlic (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp miso (the genmai shiro has a nice mild flavour)